A quick update before another blog post

It's been far too long since I've made a blog post, and I wanted to make one just so I don't let it lapse too long!

First, I've been enjoying being a part of the Ferguson DNA mailing list.  Nobody has recognized our story or line yet, but I feel as though maybe something strange happened with the Ferguson ties.  Our grandfather knew nothing about his grandfather (William M. Ferguson) and he died 12 years prior to him even being born.  He did know some of his aunts, but seemed to share very little information about them or it was just never really talked about.  It's a shame some questions he may have been able to answer, never will!  It looks like our results will come between mid and late August.  I will be disappointed if there are no matches to any known family.  But that would rule out several lines maybe even indicating our original name is not Ferguson!  Or it could indicate we stem from a variant of the name Ferguson, such as Farris.  Hopefully it will tell us more than we know so we can finally go to Scotland to see that castle! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment