My Lineage Part II

My maternal side is a little more complicated to draw a nice little pie chart for, but I will make an attempt.  It was always thought that I was mostly Polish on this side of the family on further examination, different names not of Polish ancestry were discovered!  Here are the names I have for now with further reasearch needed!

Listing my great great grandparents from this side of the family names include:

Kowalczyk: Polish
Unknown name: ? Assumingly Polish
Smola: Polish
Unknown Name Assuming Polish
Norman: Swedish
Johnson: Norwegian
Conlan: This name gets stuck in Indiana in the mid 1800's, but based on the maiden names of the family I was tracing back, we know that its part German and English, Conlan is likely English or Irish
Matteson: her father was born in North Dakota, her mother from Germany.......

Now I've also always been told that one part of the family was part Blackfoot Indian and Irish.  The story was that a Blackfoot Indian women married an Irish trapper. 

Here is what we know "for sure"

I am.......
25% Polish
6.25% Swedish
6.25% Norwegian
12.5% some undefined mixture of English, German, possibly Irish and possibly Blackfoot Indian

Graph!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Blackfoot Indian was from Fergus Falls, Mn

Post a Comment