My lineage

Usually when listing names for ancestors I'm researching I go no further back than Great Great Grandparents since that would make anyone who shares a grandparent about a 3rd cousin to me.  But I'm discovering that is typically not enough because I have accounted for most of those people already!  I'll start with these names first though.

Surnames: Ferguson, Steele, Luckwich, Kitzman, Enger, Olson, Johnson and Thorson.

The country of origin for these names is:
Ferguson: Scotland
Steele: England
Luckwich: Poland/Germany
Kitzman: Germany
Enger: Norway
Olson: Norway
Johnson: Norway
Thorson: Norway

Subsequently it can be estimated that I am:
(Paternal side only)
6.25% Scottish
6.25% English
12.5% German (dependant on whether or not an ancestor was from Poland, there are conflicting records regarding this)
25% Norwegian 

A graph!

0 comments:

Post a Comment